Volunteers are the backbone of our program and below you will find just a few of the areas in need.
- Volunteers for food assistance programs, this would be for the hot meals on Wednesday and Friday and the breakfast on Saturday morning.
- Volunteers to assist with our overflow shelter and family shelter.
- Volunteers to assist with grocery giveaway on Saturdays by preparing the food bags in advance and then handing them out.
- Front desk attendant to greet the people as they come in, making sure they get signed up for the meal and assist them should they need "individual assistance".
- Drivers are needed to pick-up food donations from various restaurant and stores around the Quad Cities.
- Volunteers are needed in many areas for our pet assistance program(go to the pet assistance tab above for more information).
Clothing ministry assistants: this would include organizing the donations and coordinate the handouts on Saturday mornings.
- Maintenance work, this is an old building and has many upkeep needs. This would be light maintenance work and some custodial work.
- Coordinator for the Love Your Neighbor Program. This program would allow volunteers to work one-on-one with an individual assisting them with basic needs. Needs would vary with each individual.